What is it?
A greasy coating on the walls along the waterline of the spa is evidence that there is a saturation of undissolved materials in the water while a ring of rough patches may be a sign of scale. Most of the time, oils and lotions that enter the water via soakers can cause the greasy build-up and scale conditions are due to water balance issues. Please visit the Scale troubleshooting section for more info on that problem.
To remove waterline build-up:
- Add Natural Spa Enzyme to breakdown contaminants such as oils, lotions and grease
- Add Stain & Scale Control to gradually remove scale from spa surfaces
- Use a brush and Off The Wall® Surface Cleaner to quickly clean surfaces near the waterline
To prevent waterline build-up:
- Add Natural Spa Enzyme to your routine maintenance routine to help keep surfaces cleaner
- Chemically clean filter every 4-6 weeks